Saturday, December 11, 2010

WOW i am really behind already on the leftover makeovers. I will start again next Wednesday and have lots of ideas!! For the time being let me say that if you just trust your random cooking instincts you might just surprise yourself. For example, last night, my husband had to coach a late basketball game so it was just my kids and I. I didn't feel like cooking or ordering on so I combined leftover lentil soup that I had frozen with some Amish noodles and it was almost like a bolognese but with an extra protein punch.... yay me.

I did not write the lentil soup recipe down, but it in itself was a way to use just a little ground beef that I had. Lentils are great! Ingredients I used were, of course, lentils and ground beef, as well as beef broth, carrots, celery, onions, tomato sauce, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper topped with fresh parmesan. Try some lentils!

No comments:

Post a Comment