Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Today I put leftovers to use for breakfast- and it's good for you too :)
Over the course of the week, I typically have at least a decent scoop of leftover veggies- this last week, they were perfectly suited for eggs.
One night, as a side dish I had mixed roasted veggies (red pepper, asparagus, onion, yellow squash and green beans). In addition, I had half a can of water chestnuts left from the asian lettuce wraps that I had made. I picked the green beans out of the mixture and added the chestnuts. Many other veggie combos would work with this base, plus I often add meat and/or potatoes.
Chop the mixture uniformly- about 1 cup total after the chopping.
Add the mix to a small greased casserole dish along with 5 whole eggs, half cup cottage cheese, salt and pepper, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
Mix thoroughly and sprinkle with parmesan.
Bake at 325 degrees until the mixture is cooked through- 30-45 minutes (will feel firm but springy and be a nice golden brown).
Delicious served with sour cream or plain yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment