Sunday, February 6, 2011

surprises over dessert

It being superbowl, I spent the morning in the kitchen whipping up yummy snacks for a little get-together this evening. I made some meatballs and a taco dip and then I was going to make some frosted football sugar cookies. Except I didn't-- just didn't feel like it so instead I decided to make some chocolate covered cheesecake bites. I happened to have a cheescake in the freezer so it was an easy thing or it should have been. For sake of time, I usually just melt chocolate chips in the microwave if I want melted chocolate but my microwave is on the way out (BOO) and it scorched the chocolate within seconds..... weird. I have NEVER seen this happen before. I complained to my husband and he said "why didn't you use a double broiler?" Whaaaaaat??? So A) he knows what a double broiler is and B) he knows how to use one properly..... thank you Alton Brown! Now can you inspire him to get in the kitchen and make me some dinner?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment