Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wednesday Leftover Makeover

What's this?! Another post this week? :)
I was determined to post a leftover makeover this week. I had several ideas, as this week has been one giant experiment in combining leftovers- we are kinda in and out this week and goin out of town this weekend so I kinda wanted to use what we have. But then I got hungry- 30 minutes ago. And I threw together a quick salad while my daughter was napping. It was so good so I will have to use it.
I used some smoked turkey in the fridge but what a GREAT use for leftover roasted turkey (or chicken)!

Twisted Turkey Cobb Salad
*I use the term cobb loosely as this is sorta like a cobb salad but with a "twist" on ingredients

Baby spinach
Shredded cheese- I used cheddar
Turkey (chopped up)
Avocado (cubed)
Rye croutons- I make croutons out of whatever bread is going stale and then keep them in the fridge for later use. This time I had rye but any other type would work
Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing- Fresh or bottled

So simple and delicious with a great combination of textures!!
I would have taken a picture had I planned on posting it :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello.

    This sounds tasty...and I happen to have all of the ingredients (besides fancy homemade croutons) on hand. Maybe lunch tomorrow!

    Thanks for linking up with Super Stalker Sunday hop. I'm following both of your blogs now. I couldn't find links to twitter or facebook for you, please email me if I'm just blindly missing those! There are so many wonderful blogs participating, I hope you've found a few that you enjoy. Be sure to join us again next week!

    Best,
    Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

    ReplyDelete